Here at Physician's Preference and Hotze Enterprises, we're all about clean, flourless recipes! One of our incredibly talented nurses, Janie, created this delicious and moist muffin recipe and we are so excited to share it with you!
Flourless Banana & Peanut Butter Muffins
*makes about 10-12 muffins
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c peanut butter (or almond butter, if you prefer)
- 1/4 c Sweet-n-Natural plus 1/4 t stevia
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1-2 T vanilla extract
- 1/2 - 1 T ground cinnamon
- Optional add-ins: fresh blueberries or dark chocolate chips
- For streusel: dash of Sweet-n-Natural and walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients, except blueberries, dark chocolate chips (if using) and streusel. Continue mixing until smooth and creamy.
- Gently mix in blueberries, if using.
- Place cupcake liners in muffin pan and pour batter into liners. Sprinkle streusel on top.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool and enjoy!