Breakfast is the most important meal of the day to kick-start your metabolism. Full of protein from the eggs, low-fat breakfast meat and black beans, it is a complete meal when rounded out by the vitamin C, thiamin, vitamin B6 and phosphorus in the pico de gallo and spinach.
A quick way to enjoy a healthy breakfast, this recipe will become a favorite go-to for mornings when you are short on time and know you need lots of energy for your busy day.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- 12-15 eggs, beaten
- 1 pound breakfast (turkey) sausage, cooked
- 1 15-16oz. can black beans, drained
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 16 oz bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup grated cheese of choice (omit if on yeast supplement health plan)
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400¡ F.
First, beat the eggs in large bowl. Combine in the turkey sausage, black beans, pico de gallo, spinach, and seasonings. Pour mixture into 13 x 9 casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes.
Remove casserole from oven, sprinkle cheese on top and place back in oven until cheese is melted (approximately 5 minutes).