Sugar and spice, and everything nice, that's what these cookies are made of!
Imagine putting a healthy spin on the ever-so-delicious Snickerdoodle cookie and that's exactly what you get with these! Get your hand mixers out and prepare yourself for an entirely new outlook on healthy dessert options!
"Sugar" & Spice Cookies
*makes about 12 cookies
- 1 C almond flour
- 1 C oat flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 t sea salt
- 1 1/2 t vanilla
- 3 T maple syrup
- 2 T coconut oil
- 3 T unsweetened applesauce
- 1 T butter
- 1/2 C Sweet-n-Natural (divided into 1/4 C portions)
- 1 heaping t cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine flours, baking powder, sea salt, vanilla, syrup, coconut oil, applesauce, butter and 1/4 C Sweet-N-Natural. Mix well using a hand mixer. Dough should start to form when it begins to look crumbly. If your mixture is too dry, add more applesauce 1 tablespoon at a time until the consistency is right. Once dough is moist enough, it should stick when rolled into a ball.
- In a separate small bowl, mix cinnamon and 1/4 C Sweet-N-Natural.
- Roll your dough into golf ball sized balls and flatten onto baking sheet. Use your thumb to make a slight dip in the top of the dough and sprinkle the tops of your cookies with the cinnamon/Sweet-N-Natural mixture.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes and voila!
Enjoy your "Sugar" & Spice Cookies with a glass of cold almond milk and don't feel guilty about it for one second!