Though spring is still a few weeks away, it's time to put start tucking away those chili and soup recipes and start getting your kitchen ready for springtime dishes!
This healthy cucumber salad is so light! It makes for the perfect snack during those warm weather days!
Spicy Cucumber Salad
- 2 cucumbers, chopped finely
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 t crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 T fresh lime juice
- 1/2 t sea salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 T olive oil
- 4 T minced cilantro, or to taste
- Using a mandolin, slice your cucumbers very thinly and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together lime juice, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Whisk in the olive oil and add the cilantro. Add remaining ingredients and mix together. Chill for 2 hours and enjoy!
What kind of healthy recipes do you enjoy most during the warmer months? Let us know and we'll do our best to come up with some!