We all know that taking high-quality vitamins and minerals is important. They can boost your immune system, increase your energy levels, and improve cardiovascular and brain health. More importantly, vitamins can help fight off harmful, cancer-causing toxins and rid your body of free radicals.
A recent study has shown that those with invasive breast cancer may have yet another tool in their tool belt when it comes to battling this devastating disease.
A newly released study by the Women's Health Initiative found that patients may have a 30 percent decrease in mortality when taking a multivitamin/multimineral complex on a regular basis. 30 percent!
Multivitamins contain a complex blend of minerals, such as zinc, magnesium, selenium and iodine that help to combat free radicals and ward off toxins.Among taking vitamins and minerals, there are many other healthy behaviors that can contribute to the survival rate of breast cancer patients:
- maintaining a healthy body weight
- refraining from or quitting smoking
- keeping sugar consumption at a minimum, thereby decreasing the risk of devloping diabetes
- following a balanced diet
- exercising on a regular basis
- sleeping at least 6-8 hours each night